This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC v2] Pretty printers for NPTL lock types
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 11:27:24 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC v2] Pretty printers for NPTL lock types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOKbPbZ+pWcouv2-VqnjVkNbbrA_7BieOmXv9fSofYU3kFjidQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Galvan <email@example.com> writes:
Martin> if mutexType == PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL:
Martin> self.output += "* Type: Normal\n"
Putting newlines into the output seems like it will make the display
look strange in gdb in some circumstances.
For example, what happens if the printer triggers during a backtrace?
Or if the mutex is nested (perhaps several layers deep) inside other
structures (with "set print pretty on")?