This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/arm] ARM: Rewrite sysdeps/arm/tls-macros.h
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 01:45:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/arm] ARM: Rewrite sysdeps/arm/tls-macros.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150305234028 dot DC8CE2C3AB9 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I've rewritten the ARM tls-macros.h so that there is less repeated
> boilerplate assembly and a bit less overall done in assembly that can
> be in C, and so it's friendly to systems that do not allow random
> literal pool words in the code segment (like NaCl). The file is
> basically wholly replaced but diff finds some useless context, so it's
> a bit easier to read the new file than to read the patch.
> I've tested armv7l-linux-gnueabihf both with the compiler's default
> -mthumb and with explicit -marm; there are no regressions. I've also
> tested the ARM_PCREL_MOVW_OK case in the out-of-tree arm-nacl port.
Joseph S. Myers