This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC v2] Pretty printers for NPTL lock types
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC v2] Pretty printers for NPTL lock types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOKbPbZ+pWcouv2-VqnjVkNbbrA_7BieOmXv9fSofYU3kFjidQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
New files should have copyright and license notices as usual with the
usual glibc license (and a copyright assignment will be needed).
I don't like the duplication of large numbers of constants from the glibc
headers. I think you need a way to extract these constants from the
headers at glibc build time, or otherwise to ensure that the two sets of
definitions remain consistent. Are all these constants always
architecture-independent, and independent of multilib for configurations
supporting multiple ABI variants? Also, comments would be needed at the
definitions of the constants in the headers pointing out that the pretty
printers should be updated when new constants are added to each relevant
set of constants.
Joseph S. Myers