This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Error on setenv(..., NULL, ...)
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "mtk at man7 dot org" <mtk at man7 dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:19:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Error on setenv(..., NULL, ...)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobNSbWUkd_i-L6U0ovbqPYnJY-h=ftX1K61yb19pmJj6aw at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1503111712240 dot 30954 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CALoOobPKxfJfnbcUKH8osgCZMeSiD83K1OiF+_vSeAy0ewe1Jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/03/15 17:40, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> So, if it's undefined behavior to pass NULL here, any detection should
>> take the form of an assertion.
> Assert would be inconsistent with the other checks: it surely is just as
> undefined to pass a NULL name.
that's not undefined, the name can be 0 and then EINVAL must be set.