Re: [patch] Error on setenv(..., NULL, ...)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 01:25:46PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> if we agree it's undefined behavior, then can't we have fortification turn this
> into a build failure ?

The compiler already warns about the non-null requirement where it can
find it, so making it fail shouldn't be hard.  Maybe we could add the
assert as Joseph suggests for FORTIFY_SOURCE.  I am not convinced that
it would be conservative enough to do fail catastrophically in the
default case, hence my suggestion to return a blank string instead of
the bad value.

Siddhesh