This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] hppa: fix __O_SYNC to match the kernel
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, carlos at systemhalted dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 02:29:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] hppa: fix __O_SYNC to match the kernel
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424755185-27627-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <BLU436-SMTP185F8B8082D09E2C4A6E5EF97160 at phx dot gbl> <20150227065339 dot GO29461 at vapier> <BLU437-SMTP89A288FA36C212A076A4A1971D0 at phx dot gbl>
On 03/07/2015 12:13 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2015-02-27, at 1:53 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On 24 Feb 2015 09:48, John David Anglin wrote:
>>> Mike, thanks for sending this change. Reminds me I should go through
>>> the Debian glibc
>>> patches and see what else needs sending.
>> this should be an easy one:
>> if you could provide context, i could shepherd it through.
> Attached is an updated patch. It fixes the saving and updating of the floating-point environment
> in feholdexcept and fesetenv. The glibc test "test-fenv" passes with this change.
> The patch has been tested with Debian glibc 2.19-15+b1 with no observed regressions.
Author: John David Anglin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Mar 10 23:43:50 2015 -0400
hppa: Fix feholdexcpt and fesetenv (Bug 18110).
The constraints in the inline assembly in feholdexcept and fesetenv
are incorrect. The assembly modifies the buffer pointer, but doesn't
express that in the constraints. The simple fix is to remove the
modification of the buffer pointer which is no longer required by
the existing code, and adjust the one constraint that did express
the modification of bufptr.
The change fixes test-fenv when glibc is compiled with recent gcc.