This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [BZ #14995] glibc fails to build if gold is the default linker, even if ld.bfd is available
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [BZ #14995] glibc fails to build if gold is the default linker, even if ld.bfd is available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150310125732 dot GA2340 at gmail dot com>
I think we should still consider this a temporary situation to work around
gold's bugs. As such, I don't think the automagic stuff you've done is
desireable. Just pass LDFLAGS=-fuse-ld=bfd to configure when a broken gold
is the default. When there is a version of gold that is not broken, we can
make the configure check accept that version string.