This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] remove nested functions from regcomp.c
- From: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:51:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] remove nested functions from regcomp.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGQ9bdyadYuhF4zzTve8Qn4YtD0shRGq3+Tz0yXSg1cQQDB+qw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=Dmg33DOcA8bWhhWoYPeo9dAG8EYUayv_e+qLHub8LP+UcA at mail dot gmail dot com> <542AC1BE dot 1080009 at redhat dot com> <CAGQ9bdz=EUw8oMJ=nVtkU_gJ7hsN=5ujmR8f5inWAY7N38a71A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGQ9bdzNsd-fK2jPaC1khy9nQR3zx9jO-DHRi2i5RmwyYzq2pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150307003545 dot 432F62C3B39 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54FC9BB0 dot 6010309 at redhat dot com>
Gnulib gives green light for the patch:
Shall we proceed?
On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 03/06/2015 07:35 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> From a quick diff -ub the variance from the gnulib version does not look
>> all that high. I think you could undertake the harmonization changes and
>> get through them in just a few rounds. Do it in small stages. Start with
>> the purely cosmetic stuff like the comment formatting and int/bool that
>> will make the diff drastically smaller. The changes beyond that might need
>> some explanation from the gnulib folks. But I don't think any of it will
>> be hard.
> Please also update the files status in the wiki "Shared Source Files" page.
> I'm not saying you update all the files, but that you update the status of
> the files you touch.