This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] remove nested functions from regcomp.c
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 14:57:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] remove nested functions from regcomp.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGQ9bdyadYuhF4zzTve8Qn4YtD0shRGq3+Tz0yXSg1cQQDB+qw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=Dmg33DOcA8bWhhWoYPeo9dAG8EYUayv_e+qLHub8LP+UcA at mail dot gmail dot com> <542AC1BE dot 1080009 at redhat dot com> <CAGQ9bdz=EUw8oMJ=nVtkU_gJ7hsN=5ujmR8f5inWAY7N38a71A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGQ9bdzNsd-fK2jPaC1khy9nQR3zx9jO-DHRi2i5RmwyYzq2pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150307003545 dot 432F62C3B39 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 03/06/2015 07:35 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> From a quick diff -ub the variance from the gnulib version does not look
> all that high. I think you could undertake the harmonization changes and
> get through them in just a few rounds. Do it in small stages. Start with
> the purely cosmetic stuff like the comment formatting and int/bool that
> will make the diff drastically smaller. The changes beyond that might need
> some explanation from the gnulib folks. But I don't think any of it will
> be hard.
Please also update the files status in the wiki "Shared Source Files" page.
I'm not saying you update all the files, but that you update the status of
the files you touch.