This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Avoid C++ tests when the C++ cannot be linked.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:36:57 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Avoid C++ tests when the C++ cannot be linked.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150304215551 dot 7E6E22C3B7B at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F982A2 dot 7030903 at redhat dot com>
> The most common test failure is likely a working C++ compiler which
> cannot link libstdc++ statically.
That's not something I've seen.
> This causes a make check abort, without an error summary report. Your
> configure change does not address that at all.
Feel free to send a change to make the configure check more demanding.