This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should elf/tst-dlopen-aout.c fail when compiled as PIE?
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:05:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: Should elf/tst-dlopen-aout.c fail when compiled as PIE?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOp60JA72qpZjiTAgo+P9v1XX-ohda4526WP1Gq_h8mQ8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150306230012 dot CB8302C3B39 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It's clear from the content of the test that it cannot test what it's
> intended to test unless the file it passes to dlopen it an ET_EXEC. So if
> you want to build the test itself as PIE, then you need to change it to
> open some file other than itself.
Thanks. I will handle it properly.