This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should elf/tst-dlopen-aout.c fail when compiled as PIE?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:00:12 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Should elf/tst-dlopen-aout.c fail when compiled as PIE?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOp60JA72qpZjiTAgo+P9v1XX-ohda4526WP1Gq_h8mQ8A at mail dot gmail dot com>
It's clear from the content of the test that it cannot test what it's
intended to test unless the file it passes to dlopen it an ET_EXEC. So if
you want to build the test itself as PIE, then you need to change it to
open some file other than itself.