This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use 1U everywhere in elf/elf.h.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:28:18 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use 1U everywhere in elf/elf.h.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F9E0CE dot 8070303 at redhat dot com> <20150306180147 dot 7EA492C3B32 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54FA28D8 dot 1080209 at redhat dot com>
> I would like to write a test case for it, but I can't get anything to
> trigger the original reported failure by readelf when running with
> Therefore I can't at present even get a reproducer nor write a regression
> test, but I know what what we have for SHF_EXCLUDE is wrong.
A regression test for a reported manifest issue is of course worthwhile.
But I was talking about a generic test that verifies at compile time what
the types actually are rather than some particular characteristic of behavior.