Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> I agree. My point is that we should do what's right for glibc first.
> If there are two ways to fix this in glibc, and one way involves modifying
> any assembly that includes the header, and the other solves the problem
> once, then the changes to header are a better solution, for glibc, in my
> opinion. This doesn't take into account any user requirements to include
> the header in assembly files.

What about arranging for the configured CFLAGS to be used when building .S
files, so that -O options are active and the warning is avoided that way?
A comment in Makeconfig notes how -std=* can't be used for .S files, but
the -O options ought to work for them.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com