This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use 1U everywhere in elf/elf.h.
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:21:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use 1U everywhere in elf/elf.h.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F9E0CE dot 8070303 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 12:15:58PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> All the bits should be unsigned int in elf/elf.h since
> otherwise you can get a warning for using SHF_EXCLUDE
> in certain situations.
> I just made them all use 1U for consistency.
> No regressions on x86_64.
> OK to commit?
Being that the type of all these constants is changed from a signed
type to an unsigned type, there is a risk of regressions if they're
used in comparisons anywhere. I don't claim any such uses exist, but
it's a risk that should probably be explored. If no problems are found
then I prefer your solution of fixing them all.