This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][aarch64] Fix the big endian loader name
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:24:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][aarch64] Fix the big endian loader name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F985F1 dot 5070103 at arm dot com>
On 03/06/2015 05:48 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> AArch64 uses arch specific configure.ac fragment to set HAVE_AARCH64_BE
> in config.h so later the loader name can be decided based on this macro.
> However config.h.in needs an appropriate line to generate the macro.
> I think the loader name should be managed in a simpler way for future
> abi variants.
> 2015-03-06 Szabolcs Nagy <email@example.com>
> * config.h.in (HAVE_AARCH64_BE): Add.
Since you are talking about the "long term", what you propose is
not what we want.
Roland, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the consensus
was that all machine-dependent macros should move out of the top-level
config.h.in, and into the machine directories.
Unfortunately that requires work and rejiggering and we just keep
putting the machine macros into the top-level config.h.in.