This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add new script add-abilist.py
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:37:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new script add-abilist.py
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150302080300 dot B464D4242A0BE at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com> <20150302201942 dot AC9532C39F1 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F4CCCC dot 3070500 at redhat dot com> <20150302205928 dot C13FE2C3A08 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F4CFCE dot 1020700 at redhat dot com> <54F8AED7 dot 2090109 at redhat dot com> <54F8C425 dot 8070501 at redhat dot com> <54F8CD76 dot 8030704 at redhat dot com> <20150305220313 dot A70CC2C3AB9 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F8D36C dot 9020007 at redhat dot com> <54F98055 dot 3040107 at redhat dot com>
On 03/06/2015 05:24 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 03/05/2015 11:06 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I'm arguing Florian's script is 50% of a solution. I've had to update
>> the abi files and it's annoying. Similarly Florian probably has also.
>> You really want:
>> (a) `make all-update-abi` to propagate `make update-abi` changes to all
>> machine abis.
> Can we change the format of the abi-list file so that it is a list of
> rows, with space-separated columns
> <version> <symbol> <flags/size>
> ? Then I can write the diffing and merging logic just with sort and
> comm. With the current format, I'd have to write another Python script
> (or learn awk).
Yeah, absolutely, you can change it to be whatever format
you think makes it easier to automate processing. However,
this also involves updating existing scripts that use the
old format, or rewriting such scripts in python.
I don't care if we repeat some data in the file if it simplifies
automation and thus simplifies my work as a developer.