This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] manual: drop strerror C89 compatibility note
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:25:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] manual: drop strerror C89 compatibility note
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1425582850-22425-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <54F8C0C4 dot 5010704 at redhat dot com> <20150306055831 dot GH12857 at vapier>
On 03/06/2015 12:58 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 05 Mar 2015 15:47, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On 03/05/2015 02:14 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>> Mentioning systems that are old and don't support C89 is probably
>>> a waste of time nowadays. Drop the note.
>>> 2015-03-05 Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> * manual/errno.texi: Delete strerror ISO C89 compatibility note.
>> We use node names as functions to narrow down the change scope:
>> * manual/errno.texi (Error Messages): Remove ISO C89 note.
> thanks ... i knew it was slightly wrong, but i couldn't remember how to get it
> right. my eyes also are not trained for LaTeX.
Just to avoid any future confusion: it is texinfo, not latex.