This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add new script add-abilist.py
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:17:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new script add-abilist.py
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150302080300 dot B464D4242A0BE at oldenburg dot str dot redhat dot com> <20150302201942 dot AC9532C39F1 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F4CCCC dot 3070500 at redhat dot com> <20150302205928 dot C13FE2C3A08 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F4CFCE dot 1020700 at redhat dot com> <54F8AED7 dot 2090109 at redhat dot com> <54F8C425 dot 8070501 at redhat dot com> <54F8CD76 dot 8030704 at redhat dot com> <20150305220313 dot A70CC2C3AB9 at topped-with-meat dot com> <54F8D36C dot 9020007 at redhat dot com> <20150305220855 dot 778E92C3AB9 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 03/05/2015 05:08 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> Right, you would use trybot once we get it.
>> (a) `make all-update-abi` to propagate `make update-abi` changes to all
>> machine abis.
> How do you imagine that can work?
It can't, at least not 100% correctly. It's simply automation. The machine
maintainer still has to review, and if you check it in it could still fail,
but it's easier than the manual process I follow now.
Look at the check-localplt changes I made where I *tried* to get the symbols
of __tls_get_addr correct, and failed for at least 3 machines becuase the
ABI was structured in odd ways.
Nothing but trybot is 100% correct.