This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 22:14:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411261513490 dot 27454 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150302041414 dot GR19363 at vapier> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1503022312530 dot 32749 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <54F8AF68 dot 9090803 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >> should we update features.h to avoid that define when __ASSEMBLER__ is defined ?
> >> seems like this warning can impact external code too.
> > I don't know. To what extent do we support users including glibc header
> > files from assembler code?
> To the extent that it builds glibc without warnings?
That answer bears no relation to my intended question. Users = users of
glibc including headers in non-glibc applications, built outside of the
glibc build process. Such uses are completely independent of whether
glibc itself builds without warnings.
Joseph S. Myers