This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix for BZ 18042 buffer-overflow (read past the end) in wordexp/parse_backtick/parse_backslash
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 14:55:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for BZ 18042 buffer-overflow (read past the end) in wordexp/parse_backtick/parse_backslash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobOmyAj1Yu6ZoKzsGpJ2GcRJXLcZVauH6h7a=mPJxFZzKw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/27/2015 11:49 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> parse_backslash() expects to be looking *at* backslash, not past it.
> 2015-02-27 Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [BZ #18042]
> * posix/wordexp.c (parse_backtick): Fix off-by-one.
> * posix/wordexp-test.c: Add test.
Agreed. Looks good to me. Thanks for the fix and test.
OK to commit as long as test fails before and passes after
on at least x86_64.