This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix for BZ #18043 buffer-overflow (read past the end) in wordexp/parse_dollars/parse_param
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 14:48:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for BZ #18043 buffer-overflow (read past the end) in wordexp/parse_dollars/parse_param
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobMubkj2ikTiz+H0vKcYLUnLK=o-redAo27HOrwcGfeDRg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/27/2015 09:47 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> Attached patch fixes BZ #18043.
> TIL: strchr("abc", '\0') != NULL and that is apparently well defined.
> 2015-02-27 Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> [BZ #18043]
> * posix/wordexp.c (parse_param): Fix buffer overflow.
> * posix/wordexp-test.c: Add test case.
Looks good to me. Thanks for fixing these and adding a test case.
OK to commit as long as you verified that test case fails before
and passes afterwards on at least x86_64.