This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/env-only] Avoid re-exec-self in bug-setlocale1.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 09:55:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/env-only] Avoid re-exec-self in bug-setlocale1.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150304212323 dot 43B2E2C3B7B at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 03/04/2015 10:23 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> This extends the makefile infrastructure for tests to use a variable
> <testname>-ENV-only that is like the existing <testname>-ENV but for
> cases where the test program should run with a completely bare
> environment except for the explicit assignments in the makefile.
> This lets us get rid of the use of execve in bug-setlocale1 (and any
> similar cases I have not yet noticed).
Some things break if you run them with certain locale settings, so some
tests lack this environment isolation.
I wanted to sanitize the environment more thoroughly, for all tests:
I haven't implemented the env -u suggestion yet.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security