This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH B1/2] Redefine assert to use its expression
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:33:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH B1/2] Redefine assert to use its expression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1420827419-18655-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <1420827419-18655-2-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <20150302231839 dot GD23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20150302232321 dot 422A92C3A08 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 03:23:21PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > This change is non-conforming to the requirements of ISO C, which
> > state explicitly (C11 7.2p1):
> You missed the part where this is only for libc-internal uses and
> has nothing to do with the installed <assert.h>. Such confusion
> is why I'm inclined to use a new macro name instead.
Yes, I did. Sorry for the noise then. Actually I thought about that
after sending, but then I couldn't figure out from the context whether
it was internal or not so I figured I'd wait and see if anyone else
had something to say.