This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH B1/2] Redefine assert to use its expression
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:23:21 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH B1/2] Redefine assert to use its expression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1420827419-18655-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <1420827419-18655-2-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <20150302231839 dot GD23507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
> This change is non-conforming to the requirements of ISO C, which
> state explicitly (C11 7.2p1):
You missed the part where this is only for libc-internal uses and
has nothing to do with the installed <assert.h>. Such confusion
is why I'm inclined to use a new macro name instead.