This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 23:13:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411261513490 dot 27454 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150302041414 dot GR19363 at vapier>
On Sun, 1 Mar 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2014 15:14, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > This patch fixes a warning
> > ../include/features.h:328:4: warning: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-O) [-Wcpp]
> > seen when building for ARM. This warning comes from libc-do-syscall.S
> > being built for nscd: the nscd build uses _FORTIFY_SOURCE, while .S
> > files aren't built with -O, and the combination produces a warning.
> > As _FORTIFY_SOURCE doesn't do anything for .S files, undefining it in
> > libc-do-syscall.S seems the simplest solution.
> should we update features.h to avoid that define when __ASSEMBLER__ is defined ?
> seems like this warning can impact external code too.
I don't know. To what extent do we support users including glibc header
files from assembler code?
Joseph S. Myers