This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 06/25] Add struct scratch_buffer and its internal helper functions
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:42:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/25] Add struct scratch_buffer and its internal helper functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1425285061 dot git dot fweimer at redhat dot com> <7a6fe503fb764beee3d5b89662d3bbf65242161c dot 1425285061 dot git dot fweimer at redhat dot com> <mvm7fuzwxmg dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <54F4301E dot 7090704 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 10:40:46AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 10:35 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
> >> +#pragma once
> > Don't use pragma once.
> Why? The GCC implementation was fixed ages ago, and it's not an
> installed header file.
If for no other reason, cargo-culting. This is the wrong way to
achieve multiple-include protection (it's non-portable and has a
perfectly portable way to do the same thing) and programmers will see
and copy it into non-glibc code.