This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] hppa: fix __O_SYNC to match the kernel
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 22:24:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] hppa: fix __O_SYNC to match the kernel
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424755185-27627-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <BLU436-SMTP185F8B8082D09E2C4A6E5EF97160 at phx dot gbl> <20150227065339 dot GO29461 at vapier> <BLU436-SMTP175B7131A983C54990446FB97130 at phx dot gbl>
On Sun, 1 Mar 2015, John David Anglin wrote:
> The main bug in feholdexcept is the second set of bufptr. This existed
> to the restore the exception registers in reverse order. This statement
> should have been removed when the code was changed to only update the
> status and first exception registers. The offset used in the statement
> is also off by a factor two, so it probably never worked correctly.
> With the current patch, the code loads zero to the status and exception
> register. As a result, the T bit is not set properly.
If this bug was user-visible in a release, there should be a bug filed in
Bugzilla for it (this generally applies when fixing any bug that was
user-visible in a release).
Joseph S. Myers