This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] For BZ #17328, mark __errno_location with __attribute__((returns_nonnull)) for gcc >=4.9.0
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:17:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] For BZ #17328, mark __errno_location with __attribute__((returns_nonnull)) for gcc >=4.9.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobOuAEpw+zxRrrDyHB7UVbAZMzreXqpujzZOWNLS7+aRUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 02:03:11PM -0800, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> Tested on Linux/x86_64 with gcc-4.8 and 5.0.
No objection, but I'm curious if there's any practical benefit of
this. I can't think of many situations where knowledge that
&errno!=NULL would assist the compiler in optimizing or diagnostics.