Re: glibc soft-fp ready for kernel use

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Joseph Myers wrote:

> Updating the comparison of glibc and Linux kernel soft-fp versions from
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00345.html>, I think the
> glibc code is now ready to replace the kernel version if anyone is
> interested in making the relevant kernel changes (which would be fairly
> substantial, given all the interface changes in soft-fp in the past ten
> years or so, especially the conversion of various macros to use raw or
> semi-raw values for speed).

FWIW, if no-one is currently working on this I might take a look at it
myself during the glibc release freeze (though I can only readily test
such changes for powerpc, not alpha, s390, sh or sparc which are the other
Linux kernel architectures using soft-fp).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com