This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com
- Cc: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:31:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418319179-18894-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <1418853902 dot 15724 dot 1 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <5491FFF8 dot 7060002 at redhat dot com> <1418854899 dot 15724 dot 8 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On 12/17/2014 05:21 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 17:13 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> You can approve it yourself! This is a consensus-based project.
>> Review Will's patch, and between the two of you can decide if the
>> patch is simple enough, and obvious enough that two people agreeing
>> constitutes consensus for the fix.
>> We want to keep gettext in sync, and if that means bison 2.7, then that's
>> fine. Bison 2.7 has been around for two years and is quite stable.
>> The two of you could have come to that conclusion and checked in the change.
>> Please empower yourself to review code and help others checkin their changes.
> Huh, I don't think I ever noticed that glibc doesn't have official
> maintainers like GCC does.
We are a smaller community. You've been contributing long enough that
we know where to find you ;-)