This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Improve generic stpcpy performance
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:45:01 -0200
- Subject: Re: Improve generic stpcpy performance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <549802E5 dot 2010702 at arm dot com>
On 22-12-2014 09:39, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> I noticed while going through some benchmark results that the generic
> stpcpy was substantially slower than the simple_stpcpy in the benchmark
> So, similar to Wilko's recent strcpy patch, this patch uses the same
> approach for stpcpy.
> Note that it does not help to use mempcpy, since that returns a value
> that points beyond the end of the copied data.
> * string/stpcpy.c (__stpcpy): Rewrite using strlen and memcpy.