This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: linknamespace failures
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 21:11:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: linknamespace failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5494F35F dot 2000107 at ezchip dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412201107240 dot 20593 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <54973679 dot 2020901 at ezchip dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412221252300 dot 11756 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <5498860C dot 6020204 at ezchip dot com>
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> I suppose another hack fix would be to just add some empty #defines for
> tile to do nothing for the fe* functions that are causing issues here.
That might serve as an optimization for configurations with no support for
exceptions and rounding modes (though I'd suggest having some central
place for that code rather than duplicating it for Tile, MicroBlaze and
possibly other architectures in future), but it wouldn't solve the
linknamespace issues for architectures that do support exceptions and
rounding modes but don't implement libc_fe* - so I think the general fix
will still be wanted at some point anyway.
Joseph S. Myers