This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED] tilegx: remove implicit boolean conversion in strstr.
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:23:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] tilegx: remove implicit boolean conversion in strstr.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=cmetcalf at ezchip dot com;
- References: <201412221953 dot sBMJrFOu030187 at farm-0002 dot internal dot tilera dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412222004560 dot 5278 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 12/22/2014 3:05 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
Is this bug covered by an existing testcase? If not, I think one should
be added (architecture-independent).
It was revealed by HJ's modification to check2() in string/test-strstr.c
to test for page boundary. So arguably we are more or less covered. In
fact for this particular bug we need it to be the case that the skipped-over
NUL value is in an address that is >= 4, mod 8, which happens to be true
in this case, but I'm not sure it was by design.
However, that test case does reliably catch this particular bug. I think
I must not have re-checked the ILP32 build of glibc since committing the
optimized strstr in September, or else I just missed the FAIL from this one.
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor