This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Steve Ellcey <Steve dot Ellcey at imgtec dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 11:12:18 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2923c970-026c-4e00-be7a-0650e82421b5 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F8CECA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412200020590 dot 29462 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F8CFCA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On Sat, 20 Dec 2014, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> Joseph Myers <email@example.com> writes:
> > On Fri, 19 Dec 2014, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > > > +#if __mips_isa_rev > 5
> > >
> > > I've just so happened to be starting some mips2 tests with glibc and
> > > found see that __mips_isa_rev is not defined below mips32.
> > > This is then an error given -Werror is in force.
> > We still have -Wno-error=undef, so it *shouldn't* be an error (but once
> > Siddhesh's remaining -Wundef fixes are in, and any further fixes needed
> > to get clean for -Wundef in at least one configuration, we should remove
> > -Wno-error=undef, so such issues certainly need fixing soon).
> Ah, OK. I think my build must have failed for a different reason
> and there was __mips_isa_rev warning close to the end that I
> misread as an error.
> I guess we can leave it to a cleanup commit for all the instances
I'll wait for the cleanup and revised versions of the memset / memcpy
patches (on the basis that the identified -Wundef issue means that the
memset / memcpy patches can't go in as-is).
Joseph S. Myers