This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: linknamespace failures
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:43:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: linknamespace failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=cmetcalf at ezchip dot com;
- References: <5494F35F dot 2000107 at ezchip dot com> <5494F72F dot 6070606 at redhat dot com>
On 12/19/2014 11:12 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 12/19/2014 10:56 PM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
After fixing one obvious namespace issue that was a tilegx namespace bug
(strstr calling strnlen) I still see an inordinate number of linknamespace
failures, in generic code. I'm assuming a fair number of these must be
seen by other platforms. It does seem a bit overwhelming to tackle.
I've sorted and collapsed all the failures, but it still appears that
there are close to 100 separate failures being reported.
Are other folks seeing these and working on them? I don't know that I
can commit the kind of time necessary to track down all of these.
I don't see any of those on F20 compiling master.
This is on a tilegx machine, so using more of the generic code, which
I think exposes me to more linknamespace issues.
I don't see the errors when I do a build on x86_64, to be sure.
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor