This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Only 23 days left of active development before master freezes.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:15:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: Only 23 days left of active development before master freezes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54933B26 dot 7070307 at redhat dot com> <20141218 dot 155039 dot 209608806395026033 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <54934F63 dot 4040505 at redhat dot com> <20141219 dot 164622 dot 1204942705311707476 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
On 12/19/2014 04:46 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:04:19 -0500
>> On 12/18/2014 03:50 PM, David Miller wrote:
>>> From: "Carlos O'Donell" <email@example.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:37:58 -0500
>>>> Do you need help fixing up sparc?
>>> I'm running into problems that look like compiler bugs, for example while
>>> building the dynamic linker code we have, from a CPP pre-processed dl-load.c:
>> If you think it's a compiler bug and that it will take time to fix
>> then push a patch that uses a pragma to disable the warning and
>> add a comment about the sparc issue.
>> Definitely looks like a compiler bug.
>> See 0cd8552045aeb0537b4f1ab5d1b30ada8ae50076 to fix it like Siddhesh
>> fixed similar code in nscd.
> Thanks again, sparc is mostly fine once the strncat fix is finally
> decided upon and committed.
You're welcome. Glad to hear sparc is in good condition.