This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Steve Ellcey <Steve dot Ellcey at imgtec dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:23:40 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2923c970-026c-4e00-be7a-0650e82421b5 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F8CECA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > +#if __mips_isa_rev > 5
> I've just so happened to be starting some mips2 tests with glibc
> and found see that __mips_isa_rev is not defined below mips32.
> This is then an error given -Werror is in force.
We still have -Wno-error=undef, so it *shouldn't* be an error (but once
Siddhesh's remaining -Wundef fixes are in, and any further fixes needed to
get clean for -Wundef in at least one configuration, we should remove
-Wno-error=undef, so such issues certainly need fixing soon).
> i.e. I think we will need a defined(__mips_isa_rev) in any of the
> conditions which use it. This is likely to affect all of the R6
Please put this in a central place (a single header that defines
__mips_isa_rev to 0 if not already defined, for example) rather than
duplicating "defined" tests in different places ("defined" tests are
typo-prone and so discouraged in glibc).
Joseph S. Myers