This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch, MIPS] Modify __mpn routines for mips32r6/mips64r6
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:49:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch, MIPS] Modify __mpn routines for mips32r6/mips64r6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <bb9daa48-0742-4bae-b5f8-7f5f0a23f9ae at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> Support for mips32r6 and mips64r6 has been checked into GCC and binutils
> and there are a few changes needed for glibc as well. Here is the first
> of the patches, it replaces the use of multu with mulu/muhu in the __mpn
> multi-precision math routines. multu, which put the results in the high
> and low registers is not supported in mip32r6 and mips64r6 and has been
> replaced by mulu/muhu which put the high and low results into registers
> specified in the instruction.
> Tested with the mips32r6/mips64r6 GCC, binutils and qemu simulator.
> OK to checkin?
OK. If the same code is present in current GMP (more generally, if GMP
has MIPS assembler code affected by this issue) you'll want to submit the
patch there as well.
Joseph S. Myers