This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: lll_futex_wake_unlock customized on sparc -- why?
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: triegel at redhat dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:38:29 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: lll_futex_wake_unlock customized on sparc -- why?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418859899 dot 1025 dot 5 dot camel at triegel dot csb>
From: Torvald Riegel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:44:59 +0100
> Dave, do you know why sparc lowlevellock.h avoids FUTEX_WAKE_OP (see
> code snippet below)? The only client of this function seems to be in
> nptl/pthread_cond_signal.c, which falls back to normal FUTEX_WAKE due to
> this change.
> Is this customization essential, or just bit-rot? Except this change,
> sparc lowlevellock.h seems to have standard futex operations; it would
> be nice if we could use the generic lowlevellock-futex.h on sparc too.
Until the tree builds for sparc again I won't be able to test any
changes in this area anyways, so it will take me some to get to a
point where I can look into this.