This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: protected data in a DSO with copy relocation
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:35:47 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: protected data in a DSO with copy relocation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54919EB5 dot 5030209 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrGcuMQ3J9iNwKvZ-H9irdqjataJzt1+Auck5_q6sOCNA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141217225330 dot 375CB2C3ACD at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAMe9rOoA2a2rXjnNxZXoQ7yuRPGzgi7mC370TZuDGmfyLycR1A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> If we punt, we need to update the elf/vismain test which fails with
> the current ld.
In what version did ld's behavior change? Why should it not be considered
a regression and be fixed to do what it did before?