This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Simplify strncat.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu, neleai at seznam dot cz, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:45:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Simplify strncat.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141216202438 dot GA5612 at domone> <54909B1E dot 9040201 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20141216 dot 155247 dot 1722648331186689952 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412170017400 dot 18227 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 12/16/2014 07:24 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, David Miller wrote:
>> The fact that we are talking about complete rewrites for what should
>> be a one line warning fix shows that we enabled -Werror prematurely.
> No, it simply shows people getting side-tracked and confusing the
> questions of how to fix the build for an existing warning and how to clean
> up the issue it shows up.
I agree with Joseph.