This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] S390: Get rid of format warning in mem.c
- From: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:01:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] S390: Get rid of format warning in mem.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m6ep44$p04$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20141212211019 dot D39242C3ADB at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 12/12/2014 10:10 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
Wouldn't %Zu match the existing type?
The warning is emitted with %zu or %Zu.
The type of db->head->first_free is nscd_ssize_t, which is an int32_t
(sysdeps/generic/nscd-types.h) and int64_t on alpha
Casts were added to avoid warnings in other usages of
db->head->first_free in combination with dbg_log()-messages in this file
(see commit-id 568470bbff2c86996cbb7ebb5411a2b5d4c46fe4).