Re: Should glibc be fully reentrant? -- No. (Roland was right).

On 12/11/2014 03:11 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:

Yes, I wrote that from head so I forgot volatile/asm barrier. One could
add requirement like needs to be compiled by gcc4-6+ instead pure C as
just using signals is not part of C standard.

GCC emulates atomics with locks on some platforms, or some lock-free instruction sequences may not be reentrant. This begins to look like a can of worms, unfortunately.