This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:39:06 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1407022115210 dot 28890 at all-night-tool dot MIT dot EDU> <20141210154909 dot GA31968 at domone> <54892DF9 dot 8080007 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <548962CE dot 5060903 at redhat dot com> <548A588C dot 3080101 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
> (Though I wouldn't call it "new". Many people I work with were in kindergarten
> when C99 came out....)
The term you're looking for is "newfangled".
And the other one is "whippersnappers".