This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] always inline alloc_perturb.
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Cc: neleai at seznam dot cz, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:02:08 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] always inline alloc_perturb.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141211203625 dot GA7490 at domone> <20141211205209 dot 6905E2C3ACD at topped-with-meat dot com>
From: Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:52:09 -0800 (PST)
> What's the actual effect on code generation? The warnings I've seen for
> this are because it had inlined, cloned, and outlined (so only the test was
> inlined), which is probably optimal. In general, unless there is a strong
> demonstrated reason to force inlining, we should usually just drop the
> inline keyword and let the compiler decide.