This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 18:02:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418319179-18894-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412111733370 dot 21111 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 11 December 2014 at 17:35, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Will Newton wrote:
>> The merge of the latest gettext code introduced changes to the yacc
>> parser source that are incompatible with versions of bison older
>> than 2.7. Add a configure check for the appropriate versions and
>> document the requirement in INSTALL.
>> 2014-12-11 Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * INSTALL: Document that we require bison 2.7 or above.
> INSTALL is a generated file. You need to update manual/install.texi then
> regenerate INSTALL (with makeinfo 4.x).
Thanks for pointing that out. I tried rebuilding INSTALL but actually
it seems to require texinfo 4.7 (4.5 has no --plaintext option, 5.1
seems to reformat things a bit). I'll send a patch for that too.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro