This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch, MIPS] Fix warning in sysdeps/mips/dl-trampoline.c
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:26:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch, MIPS] Fix warning in sysdeps/mips/dl-trampoline.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <872cdd55-2333-4304-9335-3ca5574f30c5 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <5488ECDE dot 6070702 at redhat dot com> <1418314875 dot 2196 dot 141 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <5489C6E5 dot 9030306 at redhat dot com> <1418318568 dot 2196 dot 145 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 11:31 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > On 12/11/2014 11:21 AM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 20:01 -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > >
> > >> Why not "switch (l->l_info[VERSYMIDX (DT_VERSYM)] != NULL ? 0 : 1)" to
> > >> avoid the (int) case potentially hiding future type errors?
> > >
> > > That seems reasonable but shouldn't it be "switch (l->l_info[VERSYMIDX
> > > (DT_VERSYM)] != NULL ? 1 : 0)" I.e. return 1 if the boolean expression
> > > is true and 0 if the boolean expression is false?
> > Yes, you are correct, my mistake.
> > Cheers,
> > Carlos.
> OK, here is what I am currently testing. OK for checkin if my testing
> finishes with no regressions?
> 2014-12-11 Steve Ellcey <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/mips/dl-trampoline.c: Modify switch expression.
But describe the change more meaningfully than "Modify".
Joseph S. Myers