This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] intl: Merge with gettext version 0.19.3
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <bug-gettext at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 14:19:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] intl: Merge with gettext version 0.19.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418224536-12899-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org>
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, Will Newton wrote:
> The merge has dropped many uses of __glibc_likely/unlikely. This is
> intentional given that it eases merging. It seems to me that the cost
> of continually rewriting these lines when merging and the risk of adding
> bugs when doing so outweighs the benefits of using these macros when
> code is shared with another project.
It also appears to revert the use of __rawmemchr instead of strchr in
explodename.c (which, unlike __glibc_likely/unlikely, would make the
generated code less efficient) - is that deliberate? Could you list
exactly which glibc-local changes are reverted in this merge without being
replaced by something equivalent?
Joseph S. Myers