This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Alignment of malloc returned pointer
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Ramana <ramana dot venkat83 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:08:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Alignment of malloc returned pointer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF4ZLkuxQ=n2SOk1B7DB18cx_8nsrfpKmq_GR6wc76o+zVeExg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Ramana <email@example.com> writes:
> In glibc, I understand that the alignment of the pointer returned by
> malloc is aligned to at least __alignof__ (long double). For our
> target, we want to have a different version of malloc that return the
> pointer with less alignment compared to __alignof__ (long double) and
> leave the existing malloc version as is.
Why do you want that?
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."